Sunday, July 5, 2015

Izumo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage Temple 33 Seiganji



The 33rd and final temple on the Izumo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage is Seiganji, located in the north of Tamatsukuri Onsen.


It is a Rinzai Zen temple and the honzon is a Kannon, but it is not the Kannon of the pilgrimage.


It is located in the small Kannon Hall next to the main hall. It was built originally in 1702 and was located in the mountains at a temple called Iwayadera. It was moved here in 1873.


Staffs left by pilgrims who have completed the pilgrimage. I have never seen another walking pilgrim while I walked the pilgrimage, and I suspect most of the staffs were carried by car pilgrims.


It was a thoroughly enjoyable pilgrimage for me. I will post a couple of more posts of shrines I visited on my way from here to the station, and then I will concentrate my posts on my Kyushu pilgrimage.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your completion and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing impossible places for me to visit

    ReplyDelete